Easy BBQ Chicken Salad
This easy BBQ chicken salad with bowtie pasta is a perfect lunch recipe! Easy to make with amazing flavor and you can top it with crunchy fried for an instant classic.
BBQ CHICKEN SALAD Recipe by Samantha
BBQ chicken salad is a super easy lunch idea and a delicious side to bring to summer cookouts. Toss together bowtie pasta and chicken in a delicious BBQ ranch sauce with corn, black beans, tomatoes, and cilantro, then top it all off with crunchy fried onions!
The flavors and textures are super satisfying without feeling too heavy. That’s what makes it so great for a quick lunch or dinner!
Instructions For Easy BBQ Chicken Salad:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the diced chicken and ½ cup of BBQ sauce.
- Cook 7 to 9 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has become a glaze on the chicken. Set aside to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente according to the box directions.
- Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled chicken and pasta, 1 cup of BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, tomatoes, corn, beans, and cilantro. Toss gently to combine.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or enjoy when hot.
- Before serving, top with the crispy fried onions and more cilantro.
CAN YOU MAKE BBQ CHICKEN PASTA SALAD IN ADVANCE?
Absolutely! In fact, highly recommend making this pasta salad ahead of time if you can. The longer the flavors have to meld in the refrigerator, the better it will be!
BBQ pasta salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just keep in mind that once cooked, the chicken should be eaten within 4 days. So if you’re using leftover chicken, you’ll want to factor that into how long you store the BBQ salad.
VARIATIONS FOR PASTA SALAD WITH BBQ:
- This salad would also be wonderful with some bacon, cheese, or even pineapple mixed in.
- You can add thinly sliced red onion instead of crispy onions if you prefer. Or use both!
- You can spice this BBQ salad up by adding some chopped jalapenos.
- If you do not like cilantro, you can substitute parsley.
- Chopped red or green bell peppers would also be great in this salad.
Other recipes you might like to try: Low Carb Chicken Fajita Salad, Keto Chicken Salad Homemade, Chicken Pan with Rainbow Veggies
Easy BBQ Chicken Salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce, divided
- 16 ounces bowtie pasta
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15-ounce can sweet corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fried onions (the packaged kind) for topping
In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the diced chicken and ½ cup of BBQ sauce.
Cook 7 to 9 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has gotten glazy on the chicken.
Set aside to cool.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in your pasta, cooking to al dente according to box directions.
Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine the cooled chicken, pasta, 1 cup of BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, tomatoes, corn, beans, and cilantro.
Toss gently to combine.
Chill for 2 hours before serving for cold pasta or enjoy warm.
Before serving top with the crispy fried onions and more cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 583kcal | Total Fat 21g | Saturated Fat 3g | Trans Fat 0g | Unsaturated Fat 15g | Cholesterol 13mg | Sodium 1329mg | Carbohydrates 87g | Fiber 10g | Sugar 30g | Protein 15g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.